Allegro in F minor
Scored for solo piano.
There is one unfinished movement (F minor, 173 bars), which appears to have been intended as a piece in sonata form, completed up to the start of the development section.
The manuscript score is now preserved in the Klin House-Museum Archive (a1, No. 124).
The extant portion of the Allegro was published in volume 58 of Tchaikovsky's Complete Collected Works (1967), edited by Irina Iordan.
There are also two later completions:
- By Konstantin Kalinenko as "Sonata in F minor" 
- By Leslie Howard, as "Piano Sonata No. 1".
- See also online resources.
In 1867 Tchaikovsky re-used the middle section of the Allegro in the Scherzo (No. 2) of the piano cycle Souvenir de Hapsal.
The following items can be viewed or downloaded online:
- Full score, first edition (1967), from the Internet Music Score Library Project (IMSLP).
Please let us know about any broken links, or if you find any additional sources that are not listed here. We are not responsible for the content of external websites.
Notes and References
- See (1900), p. 273.
- Published by Muzyka in 1980 as Соната фа-минора для фортупиано. Реставратсия К. Калиненко, комментарии реставратора.